ScrumFactory Client on local server for version 3.2

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Hi

I suggest that when releasing server version, the client version too must be released. The reason I am saying this is becuase my company does not allow any application to connect to the internet and therefore it becomes impossible to install the client. I tried to recompile the client solution in VS 2012 but it failed. It would be great if you could release the client installation too.

On another note. This appication is GREAT. Thanks for doing a fantastic job
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Hi judedsouza,

Really glad you liked the application, and thanks for the suggestion.

The client version can now be downloaded at the codeplex also at the same server release.

Let me know if you face any problem trying to install it.

We are always trying to improve it, so please, be welcome to send any other observations, suggestions, questions or features request.

cheers

Klot

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:48 AM
Hi Klot

Thanks for replying and it was great to see the download. I did install at home which was not an issue however it caused an issue when trying to install in my office. As I mentioned earlier we are behind a firewall and it was still trying to connect to scrum factory website even though I was installing manually and thereby causing an error. I believe there must be a setting in the manifest file that needs to be changed

Regards

Jude
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Hi Jude,

I´ve just published another client version at codeplex without the <subscription> tasg at the click-once deploy manifest.

It should work now.

Regards

Klot

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Hi Klot

It worked. The UI is great and my managers were quiet impressed. However I have some feedback. While trying to use it practically I encountered some impediments

a.In the create task UI when you right click it automatically create task without a name. It is impossible to delete task. Ability to delete task is required.

b. Ability to input buffer for develoepers as when planning a sprint, developers may be on leave or some time during a sprint there could be other issues that needs to be catered for. While the application does have resource availability, it is just a visual representation and does not have must functionality is calculating end dates of a sprint etc. ( I hope I made my point clear)

c. While you do have a sprint backlog where you can move a product backlog out of sprint there is no functionality to have a task backlog. (e.g. I have couple of task [stored procedure] I have to create which validated records. i.e Story 1 will have 5 stored procedure that needs to be performed. However while developing one of the stored procedure I encounter an issue and unable to proceed. Now this is not necessarily a show stopper as we can move the stored procedure of this story and put it in another story. However we cannot do it in Scrum factory.

This is just a few observation. I hope the team is not offended by this. I just felt that the product is so good that it needs to go forward with good features

Regards

Jude

Sent from Windows Mail

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Hi Jude!

Thanks for the feedback! They are always welcome!

We are looking the best way to fit them into the product.

A very xmas for you and tour team!
klot

Enviado do Email do Windows

De: [email removed]
Enviado: ‎sexta-feira‎, ‎19‎ de ‎dezembro‎ de ‎2014 ‎22‎:‎52
Para: [email removed]

Hi Klot

It worked. The UI is great and my managers were quiet impressed. However I have some feedback. While trying to use it practically I encountered some impediments

a.In the create task UI when you right click it automatically create task without a name. It is impossible to delete task. Ability to delete task is required.

b. Ability to input buffer for develoepers as when planning a sprint, developers may be on leave or some time during a sprint there could be other issues that needs to be catered for. While the application does have resource availability, it is just a visual representation and does not have must functionality is calculating end dates of a sprint etc. ( I hope I made my point clear)

c. While you do have a sprint backlog where you can move a product backlog out of sprint there is no functionality to have a task backlog. (e.g. I have couple of task [stored procedure] I have to create which validated records. i.e Story 1 will have 5 stored procedure that needs to be performed. However while developing one of the stored procedure I encounter an issue and unable to proceed. Now this is not necessarily a show stopper as we can move the stored procedure of this story and put it in another story. However we cannot do it in Scrum factory.

This is just a few observation. I hope the team is not offended by this. I just felt that the product is so good that it needs to go forward with good features

Regards

Jude

Sent from Windows Mail