Removing an item

May 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM
That's good tool. I mean, it has a huge potential, no doubt about it. Nice and handy. But... I see some disadvantages. My goal was to find a Scrum software, which works on SQL Server, so that I could do some database-level integrations to the system I had used for years and I want to keep some of its functionalities not having to double enter anything. Yup, I'm optimist :)

I played around with Backlog now and I am a bit surprised about how easy it is to remove a backlog item. You click on the icon and it immediately disappears from the database. I am sure it's far to easy to destroy your work incidentally. A confirmation MessageBox or something should be there, definitelly.

I know it's open source and I'd be glad to contribute some changes like the one suggested above - but first I'll have to decide to use this project in daily work ;) and now it's all about finding its usability and potential to being integrated with our software... :)
Coordinator
May 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Hi Dakol,

Regarding the backlog item, the confirm message box it’s a nice and easy to implement suggestion.

We are working on it and should be available at next client update.

However, the risk of lose your work as you suggested is not that high.

The application first verifies if is there any task associated to the backlog item, or if it has already been planned at any sprint or if it is part of any commercial proposal. In any of those cases, it will not remove the backlog item and your work is safe.

De: DaKol
Enviado: ‎quarta-feira‎, ‎22‎ de ‎maio‎ de ‎2013 ‎17‎:‎05
Para: [email removed]

That's good tool. I mean, it has a huge potential, no doubt about it. Nice and handy. But... I see some disadvantages. My goal was to find a Scrum software, which works on SQL Server, so that I could do some database-level integrations to the system I had used for years and I want to keep some of its functionalities not having to double enter anything. Yup, I'm optimist :)

I played around with Backlog now and I am a bit surprised about how easy it is to remove a backlog item. You click on the icon and it immediately disappears from the database. I am sure it's far to easy to destroy your work incidentally. A confirmation MessageBox or something should be there, definitelly.

I know it's open source and I'd be glad to contribute some changes like the one suggested above - but first I'll have to decide to use this project in daily work ;) and now it's all about finding its usability and potential to being integrated with our software... :)
Jun 14, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Hi Klot, Yes that seems to work ok, but what happen if i want to delete a task? (actually i didnt see how to delete a task) I cannot delete a a backlog item if a task has been planned. Maybe i made a mistake in adding a task so i would like to delete it but I dont see how.

Regards
Yunid