This project is read-only.

Share backlog items between projects

May 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Hi,

I want to implement a global backlog listthat would give me to possibility to use backlog items across several projects.

Is this possible ?

Thanks,
Vítor
Coordinator
May 10, 2013 at 6:08 PM
It will be very complicated, if not impossible due the way the backlog item is related to the Project sprints.

But we are working right now on a Global Dashboard that will allow you to see backlog items from different projects at the same screen.

I know….it is not the same thing…but may help you.

Klot

May 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Hi Klot,

Thank you for your reply.

In my current context, it´s quite complicated. I'll try to explain it.

I'm the head of IT in my current company, working at the same time on several projects. For that fact I need to have a global backlog list, and need on each iteration to push items from diferent projects.

Ex:

Project I
Backlog I_I
    Task I_I_I
    Task I_I_II
Project II
Backlog II_I
    Task II_I_I
    Task II_I_II
Project III

Iteration x (task from diferent projects)
    Task I_I_I
    Task I_I_II
    Task II_I_I
    Task II_I_II
For now, I've created a global project for the entire department. Any better suggestion ?

Cheers,
Vítor
May 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM
klot wrote:
It will be very complicated, if not impossible due the way the backlog item is related to the Project sprints.
So... why bind sprints to Projects, than? I'd say it's rather common to "share" sprints among projects, especially in small companies. I am now testing the way ScrumFactory could help me with our process, but due to this limitation it may bring me lot of extra work. I could follow Oliveira's workaround, but it's not that helpful as it could be.